top of page
Insurance Agent

Container Protection Plan


At Laing Mobile Storage, we will do our best to keep your valuables out of harm’s way. In the unlikely event that something out of our control causes damage to your property, we offer a container protection plan.

This plan provides coverage for damage or losses to your personal property while stored at our secure storage facility. This plan also covers any damage to your portable storage container while on rent to you regardless of where the container is located.

What is Covered?

The Container Protection Plan covers your household goods and personal effects while your contents are stored in the container. 

The Container Protection Plan covers any loss or damage to the portable storage container while on rent to you. This includes damage due to: lightning, windstorm, hail, fire, smoke, explosion, vandalism, riot, malicious mischief, falling objects or auto accidents. There is a deductible 

What is not Covered?

The Container Protection Plan does not cover personal items such as:

  • Growing plants

  • Furs

  • Jewelry & money

  • Securities, collectibles and goods belonging to others

  • Hazardous Materials which are not allowed to be stored in our storage containers

  • Any illegal items and items that are not allowed to be stored inside our portable storage containers as per our lease agreement

  • Documents


The Container Protection Plan will not cover damage to the container if it is caused by any intentional acts, nor will it cover loss due to insect or rodent damage (be sure to close the doors to your box properly for a weather and rodent proof seal).

Hazardous Materials is any material that can either cause injury, death, damage or pollute air, land and water. The three primary characteristics of Hazardous Materials are ignitable, corrosive and reactive.

For more details on the Container Protection Plan, Click Here

In the Event of Loss or Damage

If an event occurs that causes loss or damage, please visit and click the "FILE a CLAIM" button. 

When filing a claim, you will need to provide an inventory of the items that were damaged or lost. We recommend taking photographs of any damaged items, and do not dispose of damaged items until the claim is finalized. In the case of theft, a police report must be filed.

bottom of page